How to write quality meta tags for title and description? In this article, we will find an answer to this and many other questions regarding metadata. In good SEO practices, content, of course, comes first. But in order to attract your customers and invite them to visit your page, you need to try to create the most attractive title and meta description. Those two key visual components are present on every search engine page. Without them, your potential customers won’t pay attention to your page and will most probably skip visiting it. And now, let’s dive into the world of metadata and explore some of the various search engine algorithms. Stay with us and make the most of this article – apply our pieces of advice later on your website and see it work for you!
What are meta tags for title and description?
Title tags are the boldface titles in blue that appear on the search engines’ pages, right above the URL. The customer can click on them, and visit your website, so you need to make them look good! Meta description, on the other side, is the snippet that stands below the URL. It summarizes the content on the researched page and gives a short preview. Why should I focus on them, you may ask? Let us tell you the reason. These two factors can significantly improve the search engine results page (SERP). If you make your positioning better, you will appear on the first pages of Google. Then what? You get more traffic and organic visitors! Google will notice that and will award you for providing quality content. Remember that meta tags for title and description can take you to the stars if done properly. A successful SEO strategy can help you attract more visitors, which will create natural search traffic. Experts know that this includes more than 200 variables. Google is constantly updating its best practices, so make sure you follow them. Start from the metadata and make a long-lasting first impression on the audience.
The formula to creating the perfect title tags
Here is the secret to achieving massive profit – focus on your title tags. This often-underestimated element can actually drive better SERP positioning for your website, so don’t neglect it! Title tags are the second most important factor after the content itself. For optimal results, follow these steps:
1. Make it between 45 and 60 characters, including space. Don’t go below or above the recommended length.
2. Don’t overthink. Instead, do some brainstorming and put in thought in the process. Use descriptive phrases and keywords. Mention your brand as well.
3. Separate the title, and the brand with a vertical line also called a pipe.
4. Introduce yourself. Be precise and positive when formulating the content.
5. Proper use of keywords. The right way to do it is to mention them at the beginning of the phrase. Then, add secondary keywords, but do it organically. It has to make sense.
6. Make a reference to the content. Describe what’s inside the page – article, product, services, etc.
7. Avoid writing in ALL CAPS. It’s hard to read and takes too much space – you need to save on characters.
Formulate the perfect meta description
The meta description is also known as the snippet that stands below the URL on sear engine pages. A quality description can increase your click-through rate and help you attract new visitors. Higher CTR simply means better SEO performance. Here is how to achieve outstanding results:
1. It has to be between 155 and 160 characters. This is approximately two sentences.
2. Add the keywords in the front. Why? Because the searchers will scan it before anything else. Statistics prove that web users read only the first few words of it.
3. Try to answer a question or solve a problem in the meta description. Why should the customers buy your product, or why does your review deserve their attention? What’s the benefit for them?
4. Try to sound inviting. Ask the readers to join you and attract them with verbs like explore, discover, find out, etc.
5. Find a unique way to do it. Be authentic, and don’t copy/paste. Match the meta to the content inside – customers will appreciate your effort!